> < ^ Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2003 10:15:03 +0200
> < ^ From: Primoz Moravec <primoz.moravec@fmf.uni-lj.si >
> ^ Subject: Polycyclic group

Dear GAP Forum,

I have the following question: Given a (finite) pc-group G of rank r, how
to construct (with the help of GAP) 'the largest' group H of the same rank,
such that H/Z(H) is isomorphic to G? Here 'the largest' means that every
other group of rank r with the above property is a homomorphic image of H.

Any suggestion (or an example or a reference) would be appreciated.

With best regards,

> < [top]