[GAP Forum] GAP 4.7.6 release announcement
alexk at mcs.st-andrews.ac.uk
Fri Nov 21 11:00:20 GMT 2014
Dear GAP Forum,
This is to announce the release of GAP 4.7.6, which could be downloaded from
One of the new features is that Windows users may now use the standard installer
which became an official format for the GAP distribution for Windows.
Alternative installers for Linux and OS X (BOB and GAP Rsync) will be
updated later in due course.
The overview of changes in GAP 4.7.6 versus GAP 4.7.5 is given below.
Fixed bugs which could lead to incorrect results:
* A bug that may cause ShortestVectors to return an incomplete list.
[Reported by Florian Beye]
* A bug that may lead to incorrect results and infinite loops when
GAP is compiled without GMP support using gcc 4.9.
* A bug that may cause OrthogonalEmbeddings to return an incomplete
result. [Reported by Benjamin Sambale]
Fixed bugs that could lead to break loops:
* ClosureGroup should be used instead of in case there is no parent
group, otherwise some calculations such as e.g. NormalSubgroups may
fail. [Reported by Dmitrii Pasechnik]
* Fixed a line in the code that used a hard-coded identity permutation,
not a generic identity element of a group. [Reported by Toshio Sumi]
* Fixed a problem in the new code for calculating maximal subgroups that
caused a break loop for some groups from the transitive groups library.
[Reported by Petr Savicky]
* Fixed a problem in ClosureSubgroup not accepting some groups without
Parent. [Reported by Inneke van Gelder]
Other fixed bugs:
* Eliminated a number of compiler warnings detected with some newer
versions of C compilers.
* Some minor bugs in the transformation and partial permutation code
and documentation were resolved.
In addition to the improved functionality and fixed bugs in the
core GAP system, GAP 4.7.6 includes 25 updates of GAP packages:
Package name | Version | Date
AutoDoc | 2014.08.21 | 21/08/2014
Browse | 1.8.6 | 15/08/2014
Congruence | 1.1.1 | 28/10/2014
cvec | 2.5.3 | 08/11/2014
Example | 3.4.5 | 28/10/2014
Float | 0.6.2 | 29/08/2014
genss | 1.6.2 | 24/09/2014
GradedModules | 2014.09.17 | 17/09/2014
GradedRingForHomalg | 2014.08.27 | 27/08/2014
homalg | 2014.09.14 | 14/09/2014
IO | 4.4.4 | 10/11/2014
LAGUNA | 3.7.0 | 11/11/2014
LiePRing | 1.6 | 08/11/2013
LocalizeRingForHomalg | 2014.08.27 | 27/08/2014
MatricesForHomalg | 2014.08.26 | 26/08/2014
ModIsom | 2.3.2 | 04/07/2014
Modules | 2014.07.02 | 02/07/2014
orb | 4.7.3 | 08/11/2014
RCWA | 3.7.0 | 21/07/2014
recog | 1.2.3 | 24/09/2014
recogbase | 1.2.3 | 24/09/2014
ResClasses | 3.4.0 | 21/07/2014
Semigroups | 2.1.1 | 09/09/2014
UnitLib | 3.2.0 | 11/11/2014
Wedderga | 4.7.1 | 07/11/2014
We encourage all users to upgrade to GAP 4.7.6. If you need any
help or would like to report any problems, please do not hesitate
to contact us at support at gap-system.org.
Wishing you fun and success using GAP,
The GAP Group
P.S. You may also find some GAP related news on Twitter: http://twitter.com/gap_system
More information about the Forum